Monday, February 6, 2017

Cliché photo of a waterfall at the Azores

Some shots are irresistible.

Cliché photo of a waterfall in the Azores

I was at Flowers Island, at the Azores archipelago that belong to Portugal, spending days of vacations and, contrary to the rest of the year I was not in the mood for physical activities, which I do all year round. I wanted to enjoy being there, the place and the tranquility.
But, after two days of heavy rain and being confined to this cheap hotel room the relaxation was starting to annoy me a great deal.
We had planned to spend two days at Corvo island but it was impossible to go out or to arrive to Flores, boats and planes are not running because of the bad weather. So, that tour went down the drain.
After this two days the plan were to go spend some more days at Fajã Grande, the opposite extreme of the island.
With so much rain the soil couldn’t absorb more water and the creek and waterfalls were pumping of life in movement and colors.
On our way to Fajã Grande at a certain moment I saw another waterfall but without realizing how far I was a didn’t pay too much attention, it was just another one and … who care for pictures of water falling from a cliff?
I was not for cliché photos were at that time until I reached the road that is close enough ear the water falling and that was really far anyway.
Ok, I was totally convinced to stop and photograph the scene.
David Monteiro
Location: Waterfall of the “Ribeira Grande” and viewpoint of Fajãzinha, Flores Island, Azores archipelago, Portugal

Link to the original article source

No comments:

Post a Comment