Monday, February 6, 2017

Aigüestortes National Park at the Pyrenees - Spain

The Park's correct name is Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park but usually is referred as Aigüestortes because the name is quite long.

Is located in the central area of the Spanish Pyrenees and is the only national park in Catalonia.
Its territory is divided between the municipalities of Vall d’Aran, Pallars Sobirá, Alta Ribagorça and Pallars Jussà, about 200 km West of Andorra.
Was created in 1955 and today covers an area of approximately 40,000 hectares also considering the peripheral protected areas.
Is a natural space of great beauty where both water and granite appears in their maximum splendor and in surprising combinations.
With a high concentration of ridges often around 3,000 m high, as is the Punta Alta (3,015 m) and the Contraix (2,960 m), you will find a high contrast with the deep green valleys where streams flow with crystal clear waters.
The first time I visited this park I didn’t know what to expect, I thought this was another Pyrenees park as beautiful as the others I knew. I was wrong.
In between my circle of friends it was not very known and back then I couldn’t find much information about it so it took me a while to be interested in going there.
I remember to join a group of friends to climb the Vignemale and after that, because I still had a few days to spend so, together with my friend Carlos Queirós we decided to visit the park.
The first two days was quite foggy so I couldn’t really appreciate the place but on the third day it was just amazing, it was like walking in a postcard, I
My company logo was inspired in the mountains of the park and my active tourism entrepreneurial endeavor was begun, important landmarks for me.
Have fun,
David Monteiro

No comments:

Post a Comment